Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Golden Rule | A Personal Post

When I was younger one of my dad's friends had me repeat the golden rule to him every time he would come to the house. Granted, he told me he'd give me a nickle for each time I said it. Sometimes I would say it obnoxiously the whole time he was there because I really thought I'd get rich off of nickles. I probably only made a dollar because I got stiffed for the most part, but having that one quote embedded in me was probably worth all of the annoyance that they endured and all of the air that I used in saying it.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I'm a huge believer in helping when and where help is needed, sticking up for those that have no voice, and not judging how others live their lives. 

I had the pleasure of photographing a gay couple's wedding in Connecticut the other year with the AMAZING Nasilele Photography out of Brooklyn and the love that surrounded this couple was unbelievable!!!!! This wedding was one of those weddings that a photographer remembers forever. Their friends and family were made up of people that sincerely cared for them and their well being. Every single person in attendance was accepting ... even of me ... the outsider. I wasn't allowed to leave until the mother found a slice of every cake they had to send home with me. The couple has since moved to NC and if I ever run into them I'm gonna give them both a huge hug and tell them what an honor it was to be a part wedding day :)

To end this post I just want to say that, if you haven't already noticed, I am a huge supporter of equal rights. In my book love is love.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment